Since I'm going on vacation tomorrow, I've been a little behind on the things I wanted to do. (It's amazing how even all that free time doesn't seem to be enough once the summer starts.)
Tomorrow begins my annual trip to Phoenix -- yes, in the heat of summer! But this year my bestest friend is having a baby, and this will be the first opportunity I've had to see her since I found out she was pregnant. So, heat of Arizona, here I come!
I did manage to accomplish some things in the few days I've had off so far:
- Finished 15 credit hours for my pain-in-the-neck continuing education requirement
. I managed to find some free online courses. Long, tedious, and sort of make me want to spork my eyes out, but at least I won't have to take full-blown graduate courses that I can't afford at the moment. Did I mention these were free? Only 46 hours left to go.
- *Finally* started reading jimbutcher
's latest, Small Favor
. Like *that* didn't take an eternity to get around to! I should be able to finish it tomorrow on the plane. It's pretty good so far, but there's so much going on, so many characters popping in, and so many references made to the previous books that I read *so* long ago, that I'm finding it necessary to really go slowly with it -- if only to try and remember what the heck is going on.
- Started two fics and some art for the D&DC Summer Fic Festival
. I actually sort of like them so far.
- Watched the BSG "mid-season" finale. ( Spoilers, naturally )
- Got caught up on Doctor Who
, finally. I particularly enjoyed the two-parter. ( Re: Forest of the Dead )
- Went to see The Incredible Hulk
this afternoon. ( Minor Spoilers )
- I went shopping for a gift for my friend's baby. Among a few other things I found what is probably the Most Adorable Book Series Ever
! Forget the baby! I want to buy the rest of these for myself!
Probably the most important thing I still have to do:
- Finish beta'ing Chance's story! (I'll try to get some of that done tonight once I've finished packing.)
Hope everyone has a great week! I will be internet-less, so don't have too much fun without me. Be back next Tuesday! ♥